Breathe in. Breathe out.
Penelope is now almost four and a half months old. She is truly the sweetest little thing you will ever see. Smiley, happy and content to do just about anything, she really is such a joy! I thank God every single day (I mean, really... more like every single minute) that she is such a good baby. That affords me the time to keep up with Camden and make him still feel like I haven't neglected him...I hope. I tell everyone I see: God only gives you what you can handle. AMEN!
We just had Sweet Pea's 4 month check up and here are her stats:
Height: 24.5 Inches
Weight: 14 Pounds, 1oz
60th Percentile for both
Growing beautifully!
Here's what she's doing:
- She rolls over front to back, and now back to front on a consistent basis
- She tries and tries to sit up with all her might, but has really impressive core muscle control!
- She plays happily in her exersaucer (started her in there at 16 weeks old) and door bouncer seat
- She breastfeeds like a champ (weaned from the nipple shield at 3.5 months old) and takes a bottle (expressed milk) at least once a week
- She is able to grab things in her reach, and is actually quite intent on doing so. Her dexterity at this age is really amazing.
- She loves the water! We take both kids to the pool several times a week and she's happy to kick her feet in the water and splash a bit. Bath time is her favorite.
- We are still cloth diapering, although I'm not as diligent about doing it every day. If I'm behind in laundry, she gets 'sposies (disposables). I gave up on cloth wipes, as girls need a little more meticulous cleaning than boys!
- I swear she's teething. She chews on EVERYTHING and anything. My fingers, Camden's hand, her toys, her clothes, the cat's tail (just kidding), her pacifier... We'll see if anything pops up in the next few weeks!
- We moved her into her crib overnight when she was 3 months old. She now naps and sleeps in her crib exclusively when we're home.
- She SINGS, and sings and sings... such a talker!
- She sucks her thumb! She found her thumb when she was about 3 months old. We put her down with the pacifier to try and combat the thumb, but she usually ends up with the thumb in her mouth.
We are continually blessed by her every day. Each one of us!
Funny story:
We were at the pool last week and I was holding Penelope in my lap in the water (very shallow, don't worry). A little girl the same age as Camden came up to me and asked to touch the baby. I said sure, and the little girl poked her toes a couple of times. Usually Camden could care less about Penelope, and who knows where he was at this point, but out of no where, he comes running through the pool and decks the little girl, shouting "No touch Elopie!!!!" The little girl was fine (only a bit puzzled by what just happened), but it was so funny to see him for the first time EVER be so protective of his baby sister!
Like I said, I've been very active on InstaGram (follow me @mbphotog), so if you don't do that, here are a couple photos of our sweet girl over the last couple months:
Here are her weekly pictures:













No comments:
Post a Comment