Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Ferdinand

One of my favorite stories growing up was that of Ferdinand the Bull. In old country Spain, there was a young Bull who just liked to sit under a tree and smell the flowers, while the other bulls his age liked to fight and demonstrate their strength. One day, some scouts came to Ferdinand's field looking for the next bull to fight in Madrid. Ferdinand wasn't interested in being chosen, so he went to sit under his tree instead. When he sat down, he sat on a bee, who promptly stung him right in the behind! Feeling the sting, Ferdinand started bucking about like a mad - uh - bull? So much so, that the scouts decided that Ferdinand would be the bull to take to Madrid. When he got there, he didn't want to be chased or prodded, he just wanted to see all the nice Spanish ladies with flowers in their hair!

I suppose that I always felt like Ferdinand growing up, which is probably why I was never good at sports! Instead, I preferred cheerleading, where I could wear a cute outfit and put sparkles in my hair. Now, I'm not sayin' Camden is going to be like Ferdinand, but our trip to an empty field this afternoon reminded me of that friendly bull.

Since the weather was relatively warm today, I took Camden out for a little mini "photo shoot." I must say that there is a reason why many people do not take many pictures of their children at this age (or perhaps it's just my son?!), or maybe it's the reason I choose not to photograph many children of this age for my business: it's near impossible. I'm thankful that we were in an empty field, because the sounds I was making to try and get Cam to merely look in my direction were quite embarrassing and obnoxious. I managed a couple, but really all the boy wanted to do was pick the straw grass up and throw it. Towards the end, we found some dandelions, which he found hilarious when he tried to blow them.

Ugh. And can someone please return my baby? Because I seem to have a big boy on my hands here. How did he get so big?!



Can his hair stay like this forever, please? It's so wispy and soft. I vowed I'd never cut it, but people were beginning to call him a girl, so I had to give in... only a little. I still love it long like this!


In an effort to have him hold still for .25 seconds, I asked him where the cow went. He looked at me puzzled, then gave me the sign for "where." Good boy.


He's saying "wun, wun, wun!" (run, run, run). He's quite fast when he runs, too.





No comments: