Friday, October 5, 2012

17 Months: "Baby" Cam

A baby no more, our little toddler is all over the place these days. I must confess that I missed his 16 month picture, so we don't have a comparison for last month. Oops! I blame Baby #2 and the fact that I could hardly wake up for the past 8 or so weeks.

Anyway, if you see Camden now, he will be most likely running... not walking... running to the nearest ball or wheel: two of his favorite things these days. He likes anything with "weeo-weeo-weeo"'s and the sight of them will surely stop him in his tracks. If another person tells me he's going to be an engineer, I think I might combust.

Bath time is extra fun these days... with all the splashing, pouring water out of the tub, bubble-blowing practice (face IN the water). The bath is his "hot pool" and he does not sit still. We've diverted to giving him baths in our big tub just to give him some extra space to "swim." Regardless, he wants to use "doap" to wash himself, and as directed, will wash any body part you name! He can also tell you every feature on your face: "eeoh-eeoh" for ear, "noooose" for nose, "eyes, "wips" for lips, and a very hard knock on your forehead to demonstrate how hard your forehead is.

Camden and Killian have become the best of friends over the past few weeks. Camden will come in our bed every morning to drink his milk and lay right next to Killian. Before he can drink his milk, he MUST have Henry (or "May-Mi," his stuffed monkey) give Killian a very chaste "kiss." Camden will stuff a variety of things down Killian's cat door in the basement. And Cam will wait for Killian by his cat door some mornings. When Killian enters through his little kitty door, he'll sit down next to Camden, and Cam will proceed to name every body part of Killian as well. Including his "toooeeesss" which are very sharp (Cam makes a surprised/scared face at this word).

I must say that this child does not stop talking. Although he isn't speaking in sentences or anything, he knows a LOT of words and says them. In the last 2 weeks or so, he's begun to put words together: mamas shoes, nice kitty, get down, milk please, etc.

Right now, he's jumping around in his room (surprisingly NOT talking to himself or Henry)... his other favorite thing to do. He can now get off the ground with both feet, which I'm told is a milestone. Either way, this boy thinks he's a frog.

In regards to his baby sister on the way (wow, I'm really going to have a second child?! Why do I still feel like I'm in high school?), he'll wave to my belly every morning and he tries to say "seeeester." He really has no clue what's going on, so it'll be interesting to see how a child so small will handle not being the only one anymore!

Here are a few pictures of our guy this past week. Can he just stop growing?!


Watching Mickey Mouse, his favorite show in the mornings after breakfast.

Eating his snack off the floor.


Buddies.

This was the cutest thing. Bobby was cutting the grass last night and Cam immediately took out his lawn mower and followed Bobby all around the yard. It was so funny.

"Weeo-weeo-weeos!"


Sometimes when I have shoots in the evenings, Bobby will watch Camden while he and his friends work out in the garage. Camden LOVES it and even tries to help with the little weights. Don't worry, a spotter is there at all times so no weights aren't dropped on little toes! He just likes to mimic Daddy.

No comments: