Camden turned 39 weeks old yesterday! I can hardly believe it. He will be NINE MONTHS OLD on Friday. How did that happen?! Time really does fly. So, to celebrate this monthly milestone, I gave him some Cheerios for the first time with his dinner (acorn squash and spinach) and he. couldn't. get. enough. I've never seen Cam communicate more with his eyes than he did tonight when he wanted more! His eyes got really big, his arms started flailing and he acted like I've never fed him ever before. I also FINALLY got him to use a sippy cup. After trying several different kinds, I finally tried one with a one-way straw and he knew just what to do! He was able to grab the cup and drink it himself even... he doesn't even hold his bottles by himself.
Anyway, more mobility this week - the kid is going places with his little "Alligator Cart" (just a little push toy that has alligators on it that move when he walks). He'll walk across the room, plowing over his other toys, and look up at me with a huge grin! Sometimes he'll stop to dance if there's music on.
For those of you curious about his nighttime sleep: {He's still not sleeping all the way through the night since we returned home from New Zealand. I feed him at 10:00pm, then he'll wake up at 1:00am, then again at 4:00am. I don't feed him then, but have been picking him up, rocking him for a minute, then putting him back down. I was beginning to think he was getting dependent on it, so last night we just cried it out. I let him cry at 1:00am, and he fell back asleep by himself at 1:25am. He woke up again at 4:00am, I fed him and we both went right back to sleep until 7am. I'm hoping tonight (since he can actually breathe a little better) he'll put himself back to sleep. We'll see how it goes!}
So, here's our little boy, and a few other pictures from the week!




1 comment:
Gosh! He just gets cuter and cuter each day, Melissa!
Post a Comment