Oh well.
So before my Oreo incident of 2011 described in my last post, Bobby and I hit the big city for Christmas. It was everything I hoped it would be, and it was so romantic roaming the streets with Bobby. We held hands the entire time...mostly because he would be in big trouble if he lost me. One of the main things I wanted to do there was walk the Brooklyn Bridge. I'd seen it in movies and TV shows, and countless pictures. I love the chunky architecture of the bridge, and it's huge cables. I also have this insane fear of walking on bridges. I have numerous bad dreams of being stranded on a bridge and having to get down ONLY by sliding myself down the cables. Where that comes from, I don't know...
I digress.
The Brooklyn Bridge is just about the only thing I took actual pictures of during our trip. That's mainly the case because everyone I handed my camera to looked at me in bewilderment. "Yes, you have to actually look through the viewfinder to take the picture, not the stupid little screen that everyone uses now." I also felt like a major tourist carrying that thing around my neck, which was no dice, since I only had 3 days to act like a true New Yorker. I couldn't have the locals thinking I was some tourist or something! As if my pink hat and thin leggings didn't give me away....
Ok, lots of talk for just a few pictures. Here you go!
I love this shot of Bobby. He was so proud of himself for blending in well with the men in New York. He also ordered the same drink as Don Draper while at dinner one night.
This was the exact shot I wanted, and pretty much the only reason I wanted to walk the bridge.
This is the other shot I wanted. Next time you visit my house, it may just be hanging in our family room.
View of the Manhattan Bridge from the Brooklyn Bridge.
View from the Top of the Rock. It was so bright that morning... The Statue of Liberty is wwwaaaaayyyy down on the right side of this picture in the middle of the river, not even visible in this picture. I guess I never realized it was that small and unimpressive!
Ahh, New York. I'll see you again someday soon.






No comments:
Post a Comment