Thursday, January 27, 2011

28 Weeks and Baby Pictures



Well, 28 weeks has come and gone and I feel like a whale.

The end.

Ok, so I don't really feel like a whale... I really feel more like an elephant. Or a Hippo. But on the brighter side of things, I'v never had this firm a stomach in my whole life. And I like it.

There are really no new things to report other than that I am officially out of non-maternity clothes. I'm still wearing non-maternity yoga pants, but that's why people wear yoga pants - so things can expand without too much shame. Some people argue that you actually do Yoga in them, but I know the truth.

I have also been experiencing some Braxton-Hicks contractions, but that's pretty normal for this point in my pregnancy. And thanks to my lifetime supply of Coco Butter body lotion, I've gotten this far with relatively no stretch marks. The downside to applying copious amounts of lotion that smells like maple syrup several times a day is that I have a strange craving for waffles and pancakes. So far, we've made one 9:00pm (on a Tuesday night) run to Bob Evans for the biggest stack of blueberry pancakes you ever did see.

I love being pregnant. I feel fantastic and although it's fun to, well, poke fun at the strange things that are happening to my body, I'm enjoying every second.

We got to see our little Peanut on TV this week which has been one of the highlights of my pregnancy! Since they couldn't get a good picture of him at our 20 week appointment, when we found out Peanut was a BOY, they brought us back to get some better pictures of him. I'm so thankful. He's starting to fill out now and look like a baby. It's incredible how much he's grown in just 8 short weeks. He was blinking his eyes, moving his mouth and even shielding off the paparazzi...uh, I mean ultrasound technician. He's quite the mover, but I do fear that he thinks my ribs are a set of drums.

Anyway, I was able to figure out my scanner so you could see some of the pictures we got. There were a bunch more, but these were the best.

His face is burried back there a bit. You can see his nose and his adorable cheeks!

Baby is like his Mama. Chubby cheeks and chubby hands. Apparently, I had pretty chubby cheeks and hands as a baby. We couldn't tell if his pinky was crooked or not. All the Barrick men have crooked pinky fingers.

Did I mention our child has very chubby cheeks?! This must be the first body part that is gaining fat right now because everything else was pretty thin. Except for his cheeks. Perhaps our little peanut will look like this again when he's 95? Toothless grin and all...

And another shot from above. I love him already.

For all those wondering, we HAVE a name picked out, but we're keeping out lips sealed until he arrives. It's safer that way. No babies. Wait...

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!

No comments: