When the curtains were hung, Bobby brought up the freshly painted, vintage bassinet, given to us by my mother. We put it in the room and both stared down into it for a while. I think the same thing was running through both of our minds: in less than 3 months, that bassinet will be filled with the soft coos of our little, baby boy.
Cue freak-out/nesting stage of pregnancy. I bought 8 gallons of paint today in response.
No less than 10 minutes later, we were rattling off lists of things that need to get done before the baby gets here. I promptly hopped on Etsy (aka the black hole of the internet - it will suck you in) and bought some fun graphic prints to hang on the walls, along with a major element to the nursery to be revealed soon!
For now, here's a little taste of the nursery so far, along with my 27 week belly shot. I kick myself for not doing a more creative belly-growing-documentation, but I just ran out of time! Plus, I can only get Bobby to use the little point-and-shoot and that little baby doesn't do much. Oh well. Enjoy!
Ok... so a little growth in the belly area over the past 2 weeks, no?
...aaand from the other direction. There's a walk-in closet through that door on the left.
After the first coat of paint (Have I told you how much I love Benjamin Moore paint? It's worth the extra cash. I've sworn off both Lowes and Home Depot paint after using Ben paint. This color is "Timothy Straw" for those wondering. The White color is called "White Chocolate." I must confess that I picked this color solely on the fact that it had "chocolate" in the title.)
Curtains are hung - (Pottery Barn's Linen Curtains in "Natural)
That's all for now! I got several items shipped in from Etsy this week, but we won't hang them until the furniture is in place. We are in the process of refinishing some dressers to go in the nursery. More on that project later. Now all that's left are a few odds and ends, a bookshelf and... oh yea, a CRIB, which will be going against the green wall. It's so fun to see it all coming together!





1 comment:
Clapton?
Post a Comment