Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Bump: Week 16 & 17

Ok, ok, ok... so the last time I took a belly picture was when I was 13.5 weeks along. I thought I would be more diligent about taking belly pictures every week, but I just haven't felt like it!

(I'm actually just annoyed that I don't have much to show for all that sickness, so I didn't want another reminder of what I DON'T have to show for being pregnant. Boo).

So to appease the beckoning crowds, here are baby bump pictures from last week (week 16) and this week (week 17)! I really feel like my tummy is growing, so *fingers crossed* that I'll be popping out soon! I'm lookin' a little rough, so please forgive the dark eyes and cranky smile.


16 weeks here


17 weeks here


New symptoms: Crazy heartburn, appetite has returned (for the most part), skin is breaking out (lovely), hair and nails are growing like crazy

Cravings: Pizza, Tacos, anything Citrus

Turn-Off's: Chicken or any kind of white meat, anything chocolate (except hot chocolate)

We've purchased the Consumer Reports book of Best Baby Products (found on Amazon.com HERE) and have been browsing through it for research on big ticket baby items: strollers, car seats, cribs, baby monitors, etc. I've also started about 38953 baby books, all of which are sitting on my night stand.

Baby Barrick is currently about 5 ounces, which is about the size of a turnip, and also about 5 inches long. I should be able to feel the baby kick in the next few weeks or so, but I think I've already felt some fluttering...

Our next big milestone will be the day before Thanksgiving when we can find out the baby's gender! I'll do a big reveal on here, so check back soon for that news! And yes, we are finding out.

The big, bad basement project is still under weigh! I have absolutely no pictures of the project this far, as it pretty much looks the same as before. Plumbing is almost finished and framing will be finished in the next 2 weekends. 5 months until Baby Barrick gets here, so that's our deadline.

Ok, I am probably boring you right now, but thanks for checking in! I am unbelievably busy with MB Photography this time of year, so I apologize for the lack of updates. I can assure you that once December and January roll around, things will be slowing WAYYY down and I will actually have time to blog about this baby and our crazy, little life down here in Southern Maryland.

Thanks for checking in!


1 comment:

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.