Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Cheep, Cheep

Found 'em! They were mixed in with some of the thousands of photographs I've taken over the last month.

Our little Front Door Dwellers hatched about 2-3 weeks ago. They started cheeping only at the end and they finally left the nest last Saturday. Now, you'd think these little baby birds were my own. I checked on them every day, shoved a giant camera in their little beaks every so often, looked out for their Mama on a regular basis... I was attached. So when these little babies left the nest, I gave Bobby a pouty lip and said I missed my babies. He gently reminded me that we have no real babies and that I need to evaluate my attachment to animals.

Anyway, these pictures were taken when the little guys were only a few days old. There were 4 total and we've determined that they are, in fact, Sparrows.

Au revoir, my little babies...Ahem...birdies.




It's hard to tell from this picture, but there are 4 birds in there! 2 stayed on top most of the time until they got bigger.



I made a whistling noise to get their attention. I guess they thought I was their Mama because they all woke up and opened their mouths. No noises yet... that didn't come until they were much older (you know, like a week).



There's another one to the right of the first bird!



....aaand this is what you'd see if you were to walk in my front door. It's a little creepy if you aren't expecting it. But this little guy would greet me every day when I'd come home from work. It was so cute!


No comments: