Monday, June 28, 2010

Well, Shoot

Tap, tap... this thing on??

Ahem. It's me. Melissa. 'member me? Well, it's been a while, so I was just checking to see if you forgot. I've been scolded by many-a-follower that I need to update the Barrick Times. I've just been plain busy over here in our little abode, that I haven't had time to even get 8 hours of consecutive sleep in one day. Wedding season is upon MB Photography (which is now a LLC!), so my time and energy has been dedicated to that type of thing. I blogged for 2 weeks straight earlier this month. It's true.

Anyway, there isn't too much to report over here as we haven't had much time to do anything except edit and work on the basement.

What's that you say, basement? Yes, we're starting to finish our basement. Do I have pictures of that? Of course not. But I will. This weekend. Know why? I have no weddings this weekend.

Ok, so this will be rather picture-heavy as I promised my sister-in-law pictures of my sweet new niece who is now about 3 months old. Bad Aunt Buhlissa.

So here you go...and July will be much less stressful for me, so hopefully I can get some Mexico pictures up to show y'all.

Enjoy!

One of the trees in our back yard. It looked mysterious to me.



These little guys have been laid on our front door wreath! There are 4 little Sparrow eggs. This was about 3 weeks ago. They hatched last week! I took a bunch of pictures, but can't seem to locate them... hum... will post them once I find them!



I bit the bullet and bought a "Big Rose" from the highly coveted EmersonMade. I mainly wanted to buy one and see if I could make it. I haven't tried yet, but I'm gonna. They're super cute and I've worn it in my hair AND on my clothes. I swoon over all of their products and the fact that the couple is completely green and work/own their own farm.






I bit the bullet AGAIN and bought a brand spankin' new MacBook Pro! It's a business expense, of course :) It'll be the new work horse for MB Photography. I'm totally hooked on Apple products now, but I can't seem to find anything. It has a bit of a learning curve associated, but so far, I love!



And now for my precious little nieces! Bobby and I were in North Carolina in late May 1) for MB Photography's first destination wedding, and 2) to meet my new niece, Charlotte. She's a doll and so peaceful. I can't wait to see her again! Below are my other 2 neices: Mary Claire (left) and Ellie (right). While playing in their "secret garden," they "rescued" a box turtle and named him Franklin.



Hello, Franklin.



And for the new, sweet little morsel, Charlotte. Grandma Wise knit the hat and blanket! Charlotte was being our model.



{Organic} baby booties courtesy of Aunt Buhlissa (and courtesy of Etsy.com!).



Umm... I want to pinch these cheeks.







Baby yawn!



Well, that's all for now. I have a little, 3 week break from weddings here in July, but the weekends somehow already packed themselves. Hopefully I'll be updating more frequently here in the next few weeks!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Kalyn said...

beautiful pictures as always! and i love the emerson made shout out... i bought myself their dahlia sash and i sported it this weekend to my bridal shower... love it!