Monday, October 5, 2009

R&R: Carolina Style {Part One}




Oh, how I love the beach.

The salty sea breeze, the sand between your toes, the brilliant sunrises over the dunes, and the glimmer of moonlight along the water. Idyllic.

Bobby and I took a 4 day mini-vacation with my family, the Wise's, to the beautiful Outer Banks of North Carolina, in Rodanthe. Yes, Rodanthe like the movie... Our bedroom overlooked the famous dunes and we slept with the windows open and fell asleep to the sound of the waves.

As the youngest of my five siblings, and as the aunt of seven nieces and nephews (on the Wise side), I love observing everyone while we're together. Although we're spread apart in years (there are 18 years between the oldest and me), we all remain close and carry on very different relationships with each other and our parents. We all married very different people and each child is so unique. The cousins were in their own little wonderland - a new house to explore. As I painted my toenails on the deck outside, I could hear all of them on the deck below me... their imaginations running wild, blissfully unaware of anything else that surrounded them.

It was a great vacation, to say the least, and the location helped. But most of all, I felt blessed to have such a loving family, unique in our own way.

SO, here are just a few of the FEW HUNDRED or so pictures I took away from our long, relaxing weekend! Part 2 will be up later!





A Sand Piper



We dug for seashells of all different kinds.



This was at the top of the path to the beach at sunrise...




Oh yes, and there were Sand Fiddlers! I was too scared to hold them. Bobby called me a sissy.






My sister-in-law Jen and Ellie. This picture reminds me of something out of the 1950's!



Sweet Ellie girl showed me the way to the beach on our first morning there. It was cool in the morning, but turned out to be a warm day!


Thanks Mom and Dad Wise for such a nice, relaxing vacation. Emphasis on relaxing!

No comments: