Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Got Keys?
We do!
The day has come and gone. FINALLY. Can I get the Hallelujah chorus?!
Bobby and I closed on our house yesterday without a hitch! We were in and out of the lawyer's office in less than an hour with a new set of shiny new keys. We wasted ZERO time and got to moving. We drove over with a full Jeep and started unpacking right away! With just the two of us, we moved everything that was packed in boxes, along with all of the "stuff" in storage boxes. YEA!
Did I mention that our apartment is on the 3rd floor?? I don't even want to count how many times we ran up and down those stairs. My thighs will tell you....painful.
Nonetheless, we spent last night in our new house on the floor of our very large, very empty bedroom. Killian joined in with us, although he spent most of the night exploring his new lair.
Before we went to bed, we enjoyed a nice dinner (on the floor) and one of the best bottles of champagne we'll probably ever have. We toasted to this milestone in our lives, thanked God for His abundant blessings, then got to unpacking!
Before 11pm last night, we had the whole kitchen unpacked and put away.
And tonight, we will finish the bottle of champagne.
This week and weekend will be very busy as our washer and dryer get delivered, our blinds get installed, our cable gets hooked up (most important), and our furniture gets delivered. Thank you everyone for your kind words, e-mails and text messages these past few days. The encouragement is delightful and we can't wait to host each one of you soon in our brand. new. home.
Stay tuned for more pictures once things get settled! Stay tuned via Facebook and Twitter for more frequent updates, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I have a few Japanese maples to give you , if you'd like!
I love your house! It looks so huge but very welcoming!
Thanks Aunt Jane! I'd love a Japanese Maple! They're so pretty and we have a perfect spot for one!
Post a Comment