I'm excited and I'm likin' it.
Door to the basement.
Baseboards! Don't worry, the gaps will be filled in with culk. Bobby assured me. I never realized how imperfect the drywall is. No straight lines here!
Our railings were installed along with the trim and doors. It will be stained to match the hardwood we got on the first floor.
You know why I'm so excited about doors, trim and baseboards? Because it means we're only one step away from getting my KITCHEN!!! Yes, that's right. Our cabinets are due to arrive on Wednesday and it should only take them about a day to install. The week after that, they should be installing our floors :) Can I get a WAHOO?!
Window Sills!!! Killian will park himself here permanently.
I'm so excited I could scream!
But not yet... pull it together, Melissa. We still have until mid-October until the house will be turned over to us. Mid-October, what?! I still don't understand why they think it'll take that long.
Lots of before-and-afters for you this fine evening. I was having a little fun with it, if you couldn't tell.
Here's looking into the kitchen from the family/great room:
Here's looking into the family/great room from the kitchen:
Here's standing in between kitchen and great room looking up the stairs and down the hall to the front door:
Ok, so Bobby and I are taking bets on when we'll actually close on the house. Any takers?? My guess is October 12th. Anyone built a house before and think I'm a silly fool for being so pessimistic (I hope)? Winner gets a free weekend to visit Bobby and I in the new house to help me unpack china. Just kidding. But not really... I'll bake cookies!
So, here's our schedule update thus far (starting with day #60 - scroll down for earlier updates):
Day #60 - Friday, August 14, 2009: Drywall installed, not complete.
Day #61 - Saturday, August 15, 2009: Drywall taped and mudded (but not sanded), columns arrive.
Day #65 - Wednesday, August 19, 2009: Drywall sanded.
Day #66 - Thursday, August 20, 2009: Columns begin to be completed. Primer is applied to walls.
Day #67 - Friday, August 21, 2009: Columns finished!!! Walls painted. Trim and Doors delivered.
Day #70 - Monday, August 24, 2009: Baseboards, Trim and Doors installed!
And our faithful progress point:
In other news, Bobby and I had our pictures taken this weekend by one of my favorite photographers, Natalie Franke! Here's just one of my favorites, but you can see more here: Natalie Franke Photography. It was so fun being on the other side of the camera, for once! If you're in the Philly area, contact her! She's going to UPENN for college!









No comments:
Post a Comment