Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Caving In




Here's the thing about cats: they pretend not to like you, so they put on this whole sneaky, creepy image. But really, they're just big softies on the inside.

Case and Point: Killian. This picture was about .0495 seconds before he swatted my camera lens out of his face. You can tell when he's irritated when his eyes start to slant. I'd like to point out, that if Bobby had taken this picture, Killian would NOT have swatted.

He only swats at me. Why is that?





Look at these paws... these babies have torn at our rugs, sliced fingers, caught stray birds flying around in our apartment...and shuffled excrement around in a box-shaped toilet filled with clay....

Killian's paws change colors with his nose. How do I know this? Better question is WHY do I know this? It has something to do with being snowed in one day last winter with nothing better to do. But that's another story.





To discourage Killian's self-righteous image and sneakyness, we gave him a pretty red collar.

I thought gray, white and red were a really nice color combination. Not so sure about that one? Just wait until you see our new house.

Killian's red collar also has a humiliating bell on it. Whenever he walks from one room to the other, it jingles. This is especially helpful to hear when Killian decides to charge my leg at full-force...with his teeth ready to sink into my calf muscle.

*Shudder*

Nevermind. You read about that story here.





See, the thing is, Cat's are sometimes deceiving. They are made so soft and cuddley, but when you try to cuddle, it doesn't work out so well.

Killian has a beauty mark. Or a mole. What is the cat equivalent to a human mole? Some people say it looks like a "cliff hanger." Get it? Ha. Ha.

Hold on a second while my mind goes back to second grade.

Ok, I'm back. That was almost bad - visions of Minnie Mouse T-Shirts and stirrup pants.

*Shudder*

I don't mind his beauty mark. In fact, I think it makes him look quite distinguished. I don't think he's amused though. Note: eyes have become slivers.





But here, my friends, is the true test of Killian's weakness. This is for all the marbles right here. While Killian may act tough, he's nothing but a big, fat, furry teddy bear on the inside.

Complete mush, I tell you.

I won't show affection. I won't show affection. Ok, maybe just a little. It. Feels. So. Good!

Killian is partial to the under-chin rub.





...and, he cracked. Pshhh.... it gets him every time.

Or at least for two minutes where he's not swatting at me or my camera lens.




Good Boy, Killian. I see right through you and your thick...fur.



Happy Wednesday!

No comments: