Let's go back about about 10-15 years. I was sitting outside my big brother's bedroom door listening to him and his buddies listening to some kind of rock music - not uncommon in the year 1993, as my brother was in college and frequently played the guitar. Although, I specifically remember hearing the words, "Jesus Freak" in one of the songs. The former band, DC Talk, was what was blaring on the radio. Perhaps one of the first bands to start an era of Christian Rock, I was hooked. 10-15 years later at around 1:00am, I am writing to you as I just got home from seeing TobyMac in concert! For those of you still clueless as to who TobyMac is, he was one of the guys in DC Talk (the one who used to do the rapping). Anyways, it was an amazing show and brought me back to those good old days of listening to my older brother and sisters listen to those oh-so-classic Christian songs. My friend, Candice, who was nice enough to invite me to the concert, were SO ecstatic to hear TobyMac's closer, "Jesus Freak." If only I had thought to take a movie... Anyway, some pictures from the night. Also, Jeremy Camp and Matthew West opened for Toby - they were pretty good too!
This is me and the boys... Toby is on the left and Jeremy Camp is on the right.
Jeremy came out at the end to assist in singing "Jesus Freak."
1 comment:
Sounds cool! I'm a TobyMac/Jeremy Camp fan, but my favorite band is Third Day... also great in concert but almost never around here.
Post a Comment