...but not quite. What do I do on days when I'm sick? That's right, I sew. My mother was so kind as to give me my first sewing machine this Christmas! I have been experimenting with several different projects around the house so far. But today, sore throat, stuffy nose and all, I sat and sewed 2 new pillows! Now, for those of you who've been to visit us recently, we have a zebra print rug in our breakfast nook, but nothing, necessarily, to accent it in our family room! On my way home from Annapolis the other day, I felt led to make an impulse buy and purchase zebra print fabric for pillows to tie in the whole Zebra thing.
So I spent a good 2 hours sewing together 2 new pillows for our couch - a feat of Home Economics since 7th grade! Bobby spent 5 minutes trying to get the cat to hold still for the picture. I think he told the cat that he would end up on one of those pillows if he wasn't good (totally kidding, of course)! Killian is more of a Bovine print than a zebra print! ;o)
1 comment:
Melissa--Your pillows looked great, even when I supersized the picture. Good job! I'll be sure to email Martha and tell her to check them out.
Post a Comment