Nevertheless, we're moving on with our days and filling them with laughter, tears (on my part - I blame the hormones), patience (also on my part), and lots of learning and growing. Can I really be 7 months pregnant already? I feel like this pregnancy has flown by, but in the same hand, I feel as though I've been pregnant for ages. My body aches, and I do not feel as wonderful as I did with Camden. Perhaps I am older? Perhaps it was not enough time between pregnancies that my body needed to recover? Perhaps it's the fact that I'm pregnant and chasing around a very {very} active toddler? Who knows. But I do know that I need sleep, a good bowl of sugar cereal at night, and lots of patience during the day. Only by the grace of God, Amen.
Our darling little girl continues to get good reports (as do I) from our midwife, who I'm now visiting every other week. She has been very active in the last couple weeks, which is fun and exciting for me! Bobby enjoys feeling her move around in the evenings. Camden is not so happy about the lack of space left on my lap, poor Dear. As I may have mentioned previously, our little girl is growing with only a 2-vessel umbilical cord (3 vessels is considered normal). When we were first told the news, it was a bit dis-heartening, but we've been seen by a Maternal Fetal Specialist at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore and thankfully everything seems to be ok. I go back this week for one more follow up just to make sure she's growing properly. Otherwise, only 7 more weeks left until she makes her joyful arrival!
Camden never ceases to amaze us how smart children are. We really don't give them enough credit. Every day, we hear new words, expressions and even complete thoughts! I always cringe when I hear parents say this, but really, he is SO SMART. I'll slam my palm to my forehead for you now. But seriously, the kid is crazy. Apart from talking, he has also started to sing! We sing songs all during the day, but especially before naps and bed time. He's started picking up on the words and singing along with me. I love hearing his little voice! He will even pray with me at bed time, and although our prayers are rarely the same every night, he knows to say "Dear Jesus" and "In Jesus' name we pray, Amen!"
When putting him to bed last night, we prayed and started to sing some songs. I asked him if he wanted to sing Jesus a song himself, without Mama's help. What song does he pick and begin to sing? Row, Row, Row Your Boat.
Anyway, we've moved Camden into a "Big boy bed" that's all his own in order to make the crib available for baby sister. He's transitioning nicely, although looks so small in the large twin bed!
Bobby took a couple pictures for us today, so here are those pictures, along with my monthly belly shot, Camden's monthly picture (I'm late with this), and a couple of me and Cam taken with my remote. Enjoy!
We like to spin. You would not believe this child's laugh.
A couple from Instagram: (Follow me @mbphotog)
Oh, how I love this boy.
What usually ensues after promising "suckie" (pacifier) in exchange for sitting on the rocker and smiling too many times. "No mo cheese, mama!"
Testing out the jump-factor in his new bed!








No comments:
Post a Comment