Tuesday, August 14, 2012

15 Months + Black Eyes

It is no secret that I have a tiny Monkey on my hands. Camden is slight in figure if you've never seen him in person... skinny as can be, but very tall. This allows him to move around quickly and climb like crazy on lots of things I never thought possible.

Today at the pool, while I had my feet dipped in the baby pool with Camden pouring water on my hands, I shut my eyes *for two seconds* and enjoyed getting some sun in peace. All of a sudden, I'm tapped on the shoulder by a very young girl who says to me "excuse me, but I think your baby might fall off." PANIC! I turn around and Camden has scaled the baby pool fence and is sitting like a King on top of the fence. Once he catches my eye, he gives me the BIGGEST grin I've ever seen and bucks back-and-forth like a baby seal who has just learned a new trick.

*breathe*

Our time at home is not much different. He climbs into buckets, behind our couch, all over his crib.... thankfully he is confident and does not seem to be prone to falling. Should I be thankful for that!?

Anyway, our little guy is 15 months old now and he is learning so much. He surprises me every day with a new word he's learning, or just how much he mimics us. I really do not give him enough credit when I ought.

Since we saw the doctor for his milestone check-up, here are a couple of his stats:

- Height: 33 inches (97th percentile)
- Weight: 22 pounds, 5 ounces (25th percentile)

New sign language motions: helicopter, thank you, your welcome, water, car, bike, help, more and please (performing these consistently now)

Words (loosely pronounced, but used in the correct context): Truck, tractor, vacuum, bathroom, fan, cheerio, cereal, bum, diaper, doctor, phone, game, Jeep, help, cheese, water, pool, balloon, etc.

He eats his food mostly independently with a spoon and fork, but doesn't quite drink from a cup without spilling it everywhere. He RUNS everywhere, call the cat to "come" like we do by making kissing noises, snapping, patting our legs, etc. He's into hugging and kissing (only when he wants to), and is still very, very shy around most men.

You will notice in a couple of pictures that  my poor baby has a black eye with a big scratch next to it. I think it makes him look a little rugged ;) He had a run-in with the corner of a bed frame but thankfully is just fine!

Stop growing little boy, I'm just madly in love with you now (of course I always will be)!



Camden's new thing: praying. It melts my heart each time. When he's tucked into bed at night, we pray together, then I tell him to pray with Henry (gets him to close his eyes!). Before each meal, lately, he'll fold his hands and bow his head, poke one eye open to see what I'm doing, then immediately shouts the most gleeful "AMEN" you've ever heard!


"AMEN!!"


See? Pure Monkey. I don't know what he's doing here or how that could be comfortable, but he's only a foot off the ground so it doesn't bother me.


Peek-a-boo. Pleasing babies and toddlers for generations (please note the toes sticking out in the left photo).

No comments: