Monday, July 9, 2012

Snippets of Paris

It felt like a dream... waking up and peering out to our little balcony onto the streets of Paris. I've been dreaming of that moment for several years now, and finally I was there.

We ventured out a lot, did a ton of walking (with only two small blisters, I might add), and felt like Parisians. We drank espresso like the French, ordered food in poorly-spoken French (I tried, ok?!), sipped on wine during 10pm dinners, and glanced at all the couples in love in the cafes and streets. It was glorious.

I have so much to tell and so many pictures to share, but alas my bodily clock is ready to shut down for the night. Can I just say that while Paris was a dream (and a whirlwind), I am so thankful to be under the same roof with both of my sweet boys tonight.

Here are some little snippets to tide you over until intensive editing takes place :)

Outside Versailles Palace

The Iron Lady in person... ahh...


My oh-so-handsome hubby of five years.

The Paris carousel next to the Tulleries Gardens


Paris! From atop the Sacre Coeur dome.


Sacre Coeur.


Moi.


Inside the Louvre. My favorite piece.


Outside the Louvre, right after it rained.


Flower shop.


My handsome hubby again. My favorite outfit.

On Ile Saint Louis overlooking the back of Notre Dame.


That's all for now!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Wow what an adventure! Loved all the pictures! Such a great dream to come true =)

Elise said...

I've actually never been a fan of France - HOWEVER, you shot it in such a beautiful light. It looks like you had a fabulous time! Welcome back home!