Starting late last week, Camden started pulling himself up on things: couch, stairs (no, no!), crib, mama's leg... the boy wants to MOVE and crawling just isn't cutting it anymore. Speaking of crawling: he was crawling for a few days a couple of a weeks ago, but then reverted back to "inch-worming." I suppose he was able to move a bit faster that way. So, starting again yesterday, he started crawling the correct way again, but it's still not consistent yet.
Also in the past few days, he's been rattling off some new noises, which is so cute to hear (ok, I'm a bit biased, but really... are little baby sounds the most adorable things ever?!). His newest sound sounds a little like "doy-doy-doy-doy-dah." He'll just sit there playing and rattle off his new noise. Occasionally, he'll throw in a little fishy kiss, which we've been working on lately. He doesn't direct it to anyone yet, but he's starting to make the movement with his lips and make the kissing sound. He'll watch me do it, and I can see the wheels cranking in his head to get his face to do it too :) It's so funny!
Baby continues to wave at EVERYTHING. Cat walking by? WAVE! Daddy coming home from work? WAVE! Little People spit out of his mouth? WAVE! Strange folks at the Post Office? WAVE!
We're still working in some solid foods as of late. I must admit that I'm not consistent with it because breast feeding is so easy and convenient! We're also going out of the country soon, and I don't want to travel with a ton of food supplies. Right now, he really enjoys holding and sucking on carrot sticks, apple slices and pear slices. He doesn't care much for the cooked versions of these foods, but we're working on it. I suppose that if I were consistent with it, he might like them a little more. Oh well. It doesn't bother me too much and he doesn't seem to mind either!
So here are Cam's weekly pictures and a little narrative of how our weekly shoots go:
The final product:
"Hi Camden! Can you look at Mama, please and stop chewing on the toggles on your sweater??"
"Ok, if you won't look at me, maybe you'll look attttt.....
....HENRY!!!!" (Henry is Camden's little, stuffed monkey that he sleeps with - instant smiles. Always.)
"See?? Happy Boy!" Smile lasted all of .25 seconds.
Ok, fine. Henry wins and Mama has 43895 pictures of Camden chewing on his sweater toggles. Oh well.






No comments:
Post a Comment