Tuesday, December 20, 2011

33 Weeks + Almost Christmas!

It's Christmas already?! How in the world did that happen? Just like everyone else, we've been crazy busy these past few months. The time so easily slips away...I mean, I have an almost-eight-month-old on my hands already!!! (As soon as I say that to myself, my neurosis kicks in and tells me that I NEED to start planning his Year birthday party, like, yesterday. Calm down, Melissa.)

We've really enjoyed spending the Christmas season with our little Peanut. We've been reading the different accounts of the Christmas story in the bible, we've even enjoyed rhyming out "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" on occasion. Most of all, I think Camden enjoys touching the Christmas tree. We took Camden to see Santa, and we've been singing all the Christmas songs I can think of (or remember all the words to). Of course, I'm determined not to make Christmas a commercial frenzy for our son, even though I'm sure he'll learn soon enough what our society has made it...BUT, Bobby and I are trying hard to keep Baby Jesus as the focus. Christian families out there - what are some fun traditions you do with your kids that remind us of the real meaning of Christmas?

Anyway, our boy is 33 weeks old this week (just shy of 8 months old) and is still growing like crazy. He's learned how to crawl correctly, and on a consistent basis now...which means he is FAST. We've also added in a lot more solid foods to his diet, which I'm now regretting because changing diapers is DISGUSTING. It was very tolerable before solid foods, actually, but now, it's just gross. In the last week, we've added Acorn Squash, Baked Potatoes, Spinach and some Mango (thanks Aunt Christina!). He loves vegetables and is not so keen on fruits!! Strange. He definitely doesn't get that from me. Anyway, his one-two meal times a day are the most fun for me.

So, here he is, folks.



Just a few pictures during "naked baby time" today. He was feeling a bit under the weather, poor guy.

Have I told you how much this boy loves to be without clothes?


Help me, Rhonda. Those eyes. Those cheeks! I've been kissing them all day long because he's been so snuggly and constantly rattling off, "mamamamamamama." What's a Mama to do!?

Now that he can crawl, every door in the upstairs is closed so he can reach the door stop. I know this is not a toy and he can pinch his fingers, but I only let him do it for the picture!

Enjoy the last few days leading up to Christmas!! I always get the blues once Christmas is over, don't you?? I love this time of year.

No comments: