Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Merry Christmas, Darling


Happy New Year, too!

It's been a crazy and eventful past few weeks, getting ready for Christmas. Bobby and I have a big trip to New York City planned... I have a feeling I won't want to leave. No worries...lots of eating, walking, and Christmas window shopping will take place. On the agenda: visit Brooklyn for some awesome Grimaldi's pizza, spend Christmas Eve at Bobby Flay's restaurant, have a quiet breakfast in a French brasserie, visit the 4 story GAP and their maternity section, go to the "Top of the Rock," and most importantly, go see the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall!

In other news, I hit the 23 week mark today in my pregnancy! I am almost to 6 months along, which makes me realize that I only have 3 months left. WHATT!?!?! Starting New Years, the nesting phase will go into full swing.

New pregnancy "symptoms:"
- My belly is starting to itch on a regular basis. I don't know if that's from the cold, dry weather, or the baby growing inside (which is now about 11 inches long, and weighs about 1 pound). Thankfully, I have a lifetime supply of Coco Butter to keep my stretching belly from itching too badly.
- Since my last post, I've successfully and single-handedly finished 3 gallons of milk and 2 crates of clementines. I cannot get enough!
- I can no longer lay on my stomach. Like, at all. Even laying on my back is becoming uncomfortable. Bad news for me, since I WAS a stomach sleeper.
- I have heart burn like cra-zyyy! Perhaps it's all the sweet junk I've been eating due to Christmas upon us. Either way. I could beat Pete's Dragon in fire-breathing hands down.
- I've booked our newborn family photographer for when our Peanut first arrives!!! Check them out because they are awesome. They just had a little baby too! The Beautiful Mess, from Charlotte, NC!
- Baby is kicking up a storm! I feel him all the time, and can even see my belly move when he kicks. Everyone says this, but it's the weirdest feeling in the world. I love every little kick though. It means our sweet boy is growing and healthy!

So here's to 23 weeks! More than halfway through. Oh, and baby? Can you puh-LEASE start growing faster so that I can look more pregnant?! Thanks, Mom.


And because I know I won't be blogging before Christmas, here's our Christmas card from Minted.com. And special thanks for Megan Beth for taking our pictures. I will share the rest once I get them all back :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soon enough you'll be waddlin' like a penguin! Enjoy being smaller now! lol. Hope you guys have a fun trip! ~ Candice. ( I cannot remember my sign in info)

Lauren said...

Hey! My friends used The Beautiful Mess for their wedding a few years ago. Small world. Hope you have a blast in NYC. There's no way you couldn't;)

-Lauren