The dining room table is upside down in the family room, the console table is under our kitchen bar, there's a vacuum cleaner in the powder room, there's crown molding taking up the entire garage, and Killian has been sleeping in the bath tub at night.
Oh, Bobby has school two nights a week, wedding season has started for me, we're both trying to squeeze in an hour work-out each night, we're eating dinner maybe before 9pm, and we both have full-time jobs.
We're not busy at all. We're buried, but I think I mentioned that before.
I'd like the record to show that I am the QUEEN of unfinished projects. I press one of Bobby's buttons every time I start a new project. Thankfully, we haven't lost all of our marbles...yet. Things are slowly coming off our "to-do" list. Obviously, our to-do list will continue to grow, but hopefully some things will get to be crossed off.
Tomorrow, a big feat will be started and finished as we're having someone install crown molding on the whole first floor. While 2 guys will hang from our ceiling all day, Bobby is finally going to finish the deck! And me? I'll be shooting a wedding...otherwise I'd love to share in the madness that will be taking place on Primevere Street tomorrow.
So, because of you have been so patient for pictures of all these projects, I give you the "in progress" stage of our house. Please mind the piles of papers to be filed and miscellaneous boxes on every other surface of the house.
Did you know that Green is the hardest color to pick out? EVER?! I simply cannot decide on the right shade. Two words: Valspar Stinks. Oh, and no making fun of my splotchy wall that is my office.

We painted! It's hard to tell here, but the color is a stone-gray. And we changed the orientation of the couch and TV. I'm not sold on it yet...

Something fabulous is going on this wall. You can see it as you walk in from the front door! I'll reveal...once the project is a) started, and b) finished.

And the piece de resistance... our powder room! I have always wanted a black room! And while this isn't quite black (although it may look like it here), it's actually charcoal. "Dark Knight" to be exact. Who thinks of paint color names anyway? I can't wait to finish this room, it's quite possibly my favorite color we've painted so far.

That's it!! Oh, and drum roll.... please mark your calendars for May 1st! We will be hosting a housewarming party/open house for all to make the trek down to SOMD. More on that coming later...
Happy Weekend!
Happy Weekend!
1 comment:
The house is looking beautiful! I will try to shut mouth on paint colors...ha ( personally the dark green? nono...) I like your lime theme that seems to be in everything you do, blog etc. I love the living room and I bet the crown is looking great! Makes it feel more finished right?
Post a Comment