Well... mini cakes anyway. For Christmas, my sister-in-law gave me a mechanical pastry bag! (For all you engineers, this is not some part for a space ship or anything.) No, this wonderful tool is used for modern-day cake decorators. I am no cake decorator, but I do enjoy piling as much French butter cream icing onto a single cupcake as possible.
Still being enthralled with Martha Stewart, I turn to her website for cute cupcake decorations. Of course, she has beautifully decorated cupcakes for every occasion! I think I picked the most complicated design: a dahlia (flower). So, here is my lame, AND FIRST, attempt at decorating cupcakes. They taste much better than they look... trust me.
On a slightly different note, I started a new job last week! I traded in my banking days for an office job working for the same company Bobby works for - ManTech. We have started driving to and from work together (Bobby does not work in my building, but I am on his way), which would be nice, except neither of us like to talk in the morning... it's sometimes quiet. Bobby has been diligent about packing my lunch every day (much to my Mother's dismay), which has been so nice! Lame married couple? I think so... but it's fun!
On a very different note... the sound of baby cries are starting to fill the air! No, my friends, not us... (whew!). Bobby's brother and his wife are due in 3 weeks (having a boy), Bobby's Aunt is due the same day (having a girl), and we just had some friends who just delivered last week to a little girl! Being a somewhat emotional time with all these babies, I cried through half of the movie, "Knocked Up," which we watched this weekend. Ugh... So speaking of babies, look at this one I found on the internet today! Biggest baby ever, hands down. She's a looker! (Just kidding... I'm sure she's tons of fun!)
1 comment:
HA! I like your cupcakes! I'm sure they taste really good!
Post a Comment