...So I've learned very quickly NEVER to describe Bobby as "Bob the Builder." This past week, my tinkering husband decided to make me a coffee table! But first, a little back-story:
I come home from work on Saturday afternoon to find Bobby, fully-clad in his saw dust goggles with our coffee table (given to us from St. Agnes Rectory) clamped to the kitchen island counter... saw in hand. I'm greeted cheerfully with a "Hey Honey!" and the saw turn on and goes right through the middle of our coffee table! Nightmare. I soon discovered that he had decided to make us a TV stand so our DVD player can fit under the TV. So I spent the remaining part of the afternoon in the other room until he was finished. We now have a very sleek and modern TV stand... needless to say, it left us coffee table-less.
Which brings me up to date. Last Sunday after church, he comes home and sits right down at the computer and begins to make drawings and careful calculations and designs wonderful plans for a new coffee table! So after about 6 trips to Lowes, we finally get all of the tools and materials to make this coffee table. After about two days of sawing, drilling, chiseling, sanding and measuring, the coffee table is put together! After some more staining and glossing, the table is finished! So proud of my little builder, I give him a big hug and say, "You're my little Bob the Builder!" (For those of you who aren't understanding my story at this point, "Bob the Builder" is a children's TV show about Bob, a builder, who is friends with various other carpenter tools). To spare you the details, my comment was not taken very well and I found myself furiously baking cookies that night to redeem myself...
Here are some pictures of Bobby - NOT "Bob the Builder" while making the table!
1 comment:
Okay, wow!!! B-to the O-to the B go you! I'm impressed, it looks great! Melissa you are a fantastic writer...and I love to see your Xmas decorations. Can't wait to see you guys at XMAS!
Post a Comment