One thing that Bobby and I have quickly learned while being down in the depths of Southern St. Mary's County, Maryland is that the entire county shuts down for one weekend and almost everyone can be found at the St. Mary's County Fair. It was the finest display of agricultural splendor and toothless smiles (just kidding) I have ever seen! Before enjoying some fabulous people-watching, Bobby and I made no hesitations to visit the corn dog and barbecue stand. Not having been to a fair in quite some time (the North Carolina State Fair a few years ago was the most recent), I was quite amused by the assortment of animals - the ones with fur, not the ones hanging around the beer stand - so I snapped a few shots!
We have also enjoyed the company of Bobby's best friend, Tim, who is down in St. Mary's County doing a rural medical practice rotation (there is a formal name for it...), so he came with us to the fair! Slightly amused by the "commercial room" (the tent with local vendors with their displays), Tim and Bobby made their way in to visit all of the local vendors. They proceeded to visit each and every vendor, signing up their other friend, Mark (who is not present at this time), to receive information. Note: these vendors included the likes of Mary Kay Cosmetics, Tastefully Simple, Pampered Chef, Sliding Glass Doors "2" Go, and not to be forgotten, Mark would most definitely be interested in becoming an Avon Lady. According to Tim and Bobby, this was the highlight of the evening... I must have married a comedian!
Needless to say, Bobby and I were well acquainted with the Southern culture after leaving the St. Mary's County Fair... a fun (and interesting) way to begin our first Fall season together :o)
A few pictures to remember the evening...
No comments:
Post a Comment